Sibling-cation 2023: 5 Must-Visit Places in India this Raksha Bandhan
Raksha Bandhan is a festival that celebrates the bond of love and protectionbetween siblings. It is a time for siblings to come together and reaffirm their love for each other. If you are looking for
Raksha Bandhan is a festival that celebrates the bond of love and protection
between siblings. It is a time for siblings to come together and reaffirm their love for each other. If you are looking for a unique way to celebrate Raksha Bandhan with your siblings, why not plan a trip to one of these five amazing places in India? Thomas Cook India Ltd and SOTC Travel list down a few destinations where you can go and spend some quality time with your siblings.
1.Maharashtra: Maharashtra is a state in western India known for its diverse landscape, from the beaches of Goa to the mountains of the Western Ghats. Some of the places you can explore with your siblings in Maharashtra include:
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Trail: This trail takes you to some of the most important historical sites associated with Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, the founder of the Maratha Empire. You can visit the forts of Shivneri, Pratapgad, and Raigad, as well as the city of Aurangabad.
- Ellora Caves: The Ellora Caves are a UNESCO World Heritage Site that consists of 34 caves carved out of a single rock face. The caves are home to a variety of Hindu, Buddhist, and Jain temples and monasteries.
- Ajanta Caves: The Ajanta Caves are another UNESCO World Heritage Site that consists of 29 caves carved out of a cliff face. The caves are home to a variety of Buddhist paintings and sculptures.
2. Gujarat: Gujarat is a state in western India known for its rich history and culture. Some of the places you can explore with your siblings in Gujarat include:
- Dwarka: Dwarka is a city in Gujarat that is said to be the ancient kingdom of Krishna. The city is home to a number of temples dedicated to Krishna.
- Patan: Patan is a city in Gujarat that is known for its silk weaving. You can visit the Patan Museum to learn about the history of silk weaving in the city.
- Modhera: Modhera is a town in Gujarat that is home to the Modhera Sun Temple. The temple is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is one of the best-preserved sun temples in India.
- Gir National Park: The Gir National Park is home to the Asiatic lion, the only wild population of lions in India. You can go on a safari to see the lions in their natural habitat.
3.Kerala: Kerala is a beautiful state in India known for its lush green hills, backwaters, and beaches. It is also home to a rich culture and heritage. Some of the places you can explore with your siblings in Kerala include:
- Alappuzha: Alappuzha is a charming town known for its backwaters. You can take a boat ride through the backwaters, visit a spice plantation, or go on a dolphin-watching tour.
- Munnar: Munnar is a hill station located in the Western Ghats. It is known for its stunning scenery and cool climate. You can go hiking, trekking, or camping in Munnar.
- Kovalam: Kovalam is a beach resort town located in Kerala. It is known for its beautiful beaches and laid-back atmosphere. You can relax on the beach, go surfing, or try out some of the local seafood.
4. Goa: Goa is a popular beach destination in India. It is known for its lively nightlife and laid-back atmosphere. Some of the places you can explore with your siblings in Goa include:
- Calangute: Calangute is one of the most popular beaches in Goa. It is a great place to relax on the beach, go shopping, or try out some of the local seafood.
- Vagator: Vagator is a quieter beach than Calangute. It is a great place to go surfing or parasailing.
- Anjuna: Anjuna is a hippie town located in Goa. It is a great place to go shopping for souvenirs or try out some of the local food.
5. Ladakh: Ladakh is a high-altitude desert region located in India. It is known for its stunning scenery and clear blue skies. Some of the places you can explore with your siblings in Ladakh include:
- Leh: Leh is the capital of Ladakh. It is a charming town with a rich history. You can visit the Leh Palace, and the Shanti Stupa, or go on a hike to the Shanti Stupa.
- Nubra Valley: Nubra Valley is a beautiful valley located in Ladakh. It is home to a number of villages and the Shyok River. You can go camping in Nubra Valley, go skiing or snowboarding in the winter, or go for a jeep safari.
- Pangong Lake: Pangong Lake is a beautiful lake located in Ladakh. It is a great place to go for a boat ride or simply enjoy the scenery.