‘Paryatan Parv’ to be organized at Mumbai from 30th September to 2nd October, 2022
Inauguration ceremony of Paryatan Parv will be held at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya tomorrow As part of Iconic Week celebration of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, the Ministry of Tourism is organizing 'Paryatan Parv - 2022'
Inauguration ceremony of Paryatan Parv will be held at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya tomorrow
As part of Iconic Week celebration of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, the Ministry of Tourism is organizing ‘Paryatan Parv – 2022’ (Tourism Festival) at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya, Mumbai from 30th September to 2nd October 2022.
Shri Eknath Shinde, Chief Minister of Maharashtra will be the Chief Guest and inaugurate the Paryatan Parv. Shri G Kishan Reddy Union Minister of Culture, Tourism and Department of Development of North East will preside over the event . Shri Mangal Prabhat Lodha, Minister of Tourism, Skill development and Entrepreneurship, Women and Child Development, Government of Maharashtra will also remain present.
‘Paryatan Parv’ is an initiative based on the vision of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi that aims for promotion of domestic tourism. During his address to the nation from the ramparts of the Red Fort on the 3rd Independence Day, the Prime Minister had appealed to all the Indians to visit at least 15 tourist destinations across India by 2022.
The Paryatan Parv in Mumbai is being organized to showcase diverse Culture, Art, Crafts and Cuisine of the States and one UT from Western & Central Region namely Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and UT of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu. This will also bring about a better understanding of heritage and culture of the Region amongst Mumbaikars. The event is promoted with the aim of creating awareness about varied Tourism Product, Cuisine, Heritage and Culture of India. The other Central Ministries like Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (Central Bureau of Communication), Defense, AYUSH, Textiles (Development Commissioner Handicrafts etc. are also participating in the event.
Paryatan Parv shall focus on domestic tourists especially to sensitize youth. The members of Yuva Tourism club from schools and colleges will be invited to participate in Paryatan Parv this year.
The highlights of the event in Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya, Mumbai from 30th September to 2nd October, 2022 are as follows:
- Tourism Pavilions of 8 State Tourism Departments from Western & Central Region and also other State Tourism Offices present in Mumbai.
- Multimedia Exhibition on Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav Celebrating 75 years of India’s Independence by Central Bureau of Communication , Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Government of India
- Kitchen Studio – showcase of cuisines of the region under the theme ‘Paschim – Madhya Milap’ by Institute of Hotel Management, Mumbai
- Crafts Bazaar with 15 Handicraft stalls by Artisans from 5 states and one Union Territory in the Western & Central Region invited by Development Commissioner, Handicrafts, Ministry of Textiles.
- Cultural Performances at the Central stage showcasing Folk Arts from across India.
- Ministry of Ayush stall on theme Ayurveda @2047.
- Stall by Indian Air Force recruiting office, Mumbai promoting Agnipath Scheme.
- Free Guided Walking Tours by the Regional Level Tourist Guides covering attractions in and around Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya.
- Workshop on Art and Competitions for School Children
- Other Interactive Activities to keep visitors engaged.
The event is open for general public from 10AM to 7PM for 3 days and entry is free.