Insights on earth day initiatives by Heritage Hotel
Earth Day is a reminder to move towards sustainable tourism and hospitality on the forefront. Here the insights from Alila Fort Bishangarh on how they are following meaures to be sustainable and returning to the
Earth Day is a reminder to move towards sustainable tourism and hospitality on the forefront. Here the insights from Alila Fort Bishangarh on how they are following meaures to be sustainable and returning to the mother earth.
Maintenance Manager, Engineering
With sustainable tourism and hospitality on the forefront, businesses are relooking the way they build businesses. It is crucial to understand that adapting and introducing sustainable practices will positively contribute to a unique and authentic experience of the guest, thereby making them less guilty of leaving any carbon footprint.
Committed to a sustainable future, Alila Fort Bishangarh is designed in harmony with the environment, preserving the extraordinary natural beauty of the region. The restoration of the ancient fort harnessed traditional Rajasthani construction techniques using local stone, combined with contemporary architecture to create a uniquely relaxing environment.
From optimising the use of natural light to conserving water through harvesting rainwater and treating and recycling grey water; and attaining zero waste generation status by reducing, reusing and recycling the solid waste generated, every effort is made to preserve the eco-system around them. At the same time, equal emphasis is given to sustainable sourcing – be in terms of building materials used or edible produce – a sizeable portion is locally sourced.
Alila Fort Bishangarh has undertaken various measures to ensure reduction in carbon footprint
Water Conservation Initiatives:
- 0% discharge of sewage water to municipal drainage
- 100% sewage water is treated using STP and reused for irrigation
- Low/Dual flush, low flow tap, and low flow shower has been installed
- Thermostats are installed in all guest rooms, meeting rooms, restaurants to cut off AC on achieving the temperature
- Automatic voltage stabilizer has been installed to reduce diesel consumption
- Solar panels are installed for hot water
- Only LED lights are installed throughout the property
- VFD is installed for cooling tower motors for energy saving
- Motion sensors are installed in public area washrooms to conserve electricity
- All corridors have natural ventilation rather than mechanical ventilation.
- Goat manure is used in organic garden instead of harmful fertilizer
- Coffee residue is used by gardeners to mix with soil
- Nursery is used to grow plants organically
- Recycled water is used for irrigation in all 03 garden.
- Gardens and Organic farm are maintained by local team members
- Local and seasonal veggies are given priority when it comes to what to grow.
Food & Beverage
- We only use paper straws, wooden cutleries, and biodegradable pack boxes for picnic or pack meals
- Glass jugs & glasses are used instead of plastic water bottles
- Dishes name tags are written on slate & chalk instead of paper or plastic
- Menu is designed based on local & seasonal sourcing
- No buffet & pre information of guest helps in better control over production & minimized left over
- Food Waste is segregated from dry waste
- Cafeteria menus are efficient to minimize over production
- Reusable Terracotta coffee mugs are used in F&B outlets to avoid plastics or paper cups.