Hilton Bangalore Embassy Golflinks Spreads the Message of Only One Earth, this World Environment Day
6th June 2022: With an aim to celebrate, protect and restore our planet, Hilton Bangalore Embassy GolfLinks conducted a host of transformative and sustainable activities in the hotel with the team members and guests’, to spread
6th June 2022: With an aim to celebrate, protect and restore our planet, Hilton Bangalore Embassy GolfLinks conducted a host of transformative and sustainable activities in the hotel with the team members and guests’, to spread the message of this year’s World Environment Day theme of Only One Earth.
Designed to raise awareness on the importance of taking care of the only planet we have, several initiatives were planned over the course of one week to offer insights into sustainability issues and the hotel’s environmental policy including-
· The hotel personnel carried out a cleanliness drive near the hotel. They collected close to 300kgs of trash and other waste materials that were strewn across the road.
· Introduced a water bottling plant within the premises to serve purified water to guests in rooms and restaurants. The plant works on the principle, where an automated in-house system washes, sterilizes and fills glass bottles, thereby not only cutting down on plastic waste but also eliminating carbon emissions involved in transporting the bottles to the hotel from a plant.
· In-house guests were given seed balls in a water soluble pouch as a token of the hotel’s commitment towards supporting sustainable practices.
· Organized a poster making and slogan writing competition for employee’ kids along with the children of Parikrama- a Bangalore based NGO to highlight the key messaging of #OnlyOneEarth. These posters were later displayed in guest areas to promote the occasion.
· Highlighted the use of Organic Waste Composter by recycling all the wet waste generated at the hotel and transforming it in to organic manure for our own landscape.
· Constantly encourage guests to commute to work within the tech park in the electric golf carts. This enables us to save an enormous amount of fuel combustion.
“In line with Hilton’s Travel with Purpose initiative, Hilton Bangalore Embassy GolfLinks under the ownership of Embassy Group, continues to drive responsible tourism at every step. From eliminating several single-use plastics, introducing water conservation strategies to reducing carbon footprint, we remain committed to sustainable business practices.”Tejus Jose, General Manager
“We will continue to invest in activities and drive initiatives at the hotel to encourage healthy tourism and eco balance. Our planet is everyone’s responsibility and we must all make a collective effort to protect it.”Tejus Jose, General Manager