Five Things You Can’t Miss in Melbourne and Regional Victoria this Season
QUEEN VIC MARKET Queen Victoria Market is an authentic, bustling, inner-city market that has been the heart and soul of Melbourne for 140 years. Home to over 600 small businesses, it is a great place to
QUEEN VIC MARKET
Queen Victoria Market is an authentic, bustling, inner-city market that has been the heart and soul of Melbourne for 140 years. Home to over 600 small businesses, it is a great place to discover fresh and specialty produce, hand-made and unique products, great coffee and food, souvenirs and clothing.
Upcoming events you can’t miss:
- The Hawker 88 Night Market returns to Queen Vic Market, bringing the sights, sounds and tastes of Asia to Melbourne’s favourite market every Wednesday from 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM. The guests will be able to try numerous cuisines while also enjoying the lively atmosphere. Queen Vic Market will host the Hawker 88 Night Market from April 12 to May 10
- Another delightful experience at the Queen Vic Market is the Winter Night Market that offers a variety of food and entertainment options. Winter Night Market from June 7 to August 30
- In addition to these markets, Queen Vic Market recently summed up its Specialty Tours and Sustainable Shopping Tours program, which aimed to give visitors an in-depth understanding of the market’s history, specialty items, and sustainable practices. These tours provided an entertaining and instructive method for visitors to learn about the market and its goods
Looking for Gold? Let Around and About Tours take you to Sovereign Hill and you can try your hand at panning for gold. Sovereign Hill brings to life the excitement of Australia’s great 1850s gold rushes, providing a uniquely Australian experience and entertainment. Sovereign Hill is a living museum presenting the story of Ballarat as a gold rush boomtown.
Exciting upcoming events:
- The Australian Centre for Gold Rush Collections will open its doors on May 5, 2023. The historic site houses Australia’s biggest collection of gold rush relics and collections will make it a must-see for anybody interested in Australian history
- The launch will be followed by the Corrobboree by Full Moon event. This event will include a Wadawurrung ritual in the evening as well as separate ticketed First Nations events, food, and drink. It will be an excellent opportunity to learn more about the indigenous culture and history of the area
- Local producers and vendors will take over the Heritage Harvest weekend, with over 20 workshops on curing, pickling, distilling, salting, and fermenting. It will be a fantastic event for anyone with an interest in sustainable and traditional food methods. The Heritage Harvest weekend will be held on May 27-28, this year
- With a sound and light show, delicious snacks, and fake snow, the Winter Wonderlights event will bring classic streetscapes to life and will be a spectacular experience for guests of all ages. The Winter Wonderlights festival will be held from June 24 to July 17
URBNSURF is a prominent Melbourne surfing facility that provides a unique and exciting surfing experience. URBNSURF, with its state-of-the-art Wavegarden lagoon, offers excellent waves for surfers of all levels to enjoy.
For Surf Lovers:
- The new marketing campaign, “It’s time to surf more,” invites everyone to come to enjoy the colder weather, less crowded lagoon, and fresh October offshore winds from April – May
- For the core surf community, there is no off-season at URBNSURF. Cold winter surfing is ideal because of the minimal crowds and thrilling nature of the sport. URBNSURF is committed to ensuring that its guests are prepared and ready to take advantage of the benefits of the colder months from June to August, similar to how skiing is prepared
Everything you need for a great surfing experience:
- URBNSURF provides a surf academy for teaching and instruction, a surf shop for gear and goods, and a café for wonderful food and drinks in addition to the surfing experience. URBNSURF is open seven days a week and can accommodate any schedule
- URBNSURF has something for everyone, whether you’re a seasoned surfer or a first-time surfer. You can enjoy the thrill of cold-weather surfing while taking advantage of the great waves, low crowds, and crisp October offshore winds
CRESFEST – CRESWICK’S FOLK & ROOTS FESTIVAL
Originally inhabited by the Indigenous Dja Dja Wurrung people, Creswick grew rapidly during the gold rush years and later became the birthplace of reforestation and home to the school of forestry in Victoria.
Savour two of life’s transformative pleasures: music and dance, amid Creswick’s historic architecture and wooded surrounds. The artistic program takes place in various historic buildings, local pubs, cafes and in the great outdoors. Creswick is just 1.5 hours’ drive from Melbourne, nestled between Daylesford and Ballarat.
Enjoy the popular CresFest:
- Three days of the best folk and roots music in the forested gold rush town of Creswick, Victoria. Plus sessions, blackboard concerts, workshops, parade, dance program and kids’ activities
- First Artist line-up announced: Kutcha Edwards – While and Matthews (UK) – Charm of Finches – Ami Williamson – Kavisha Mazzella – The Weeping Willows–Austral – Bush Gothic
- It’s time to block your calendars from March 31 – April 02, 2023
SIGNATURE CHEF SERIES
Melbourne is Australia’s culinary capital and has the numbers to prove it. Melbourne has more than 3,500 restaurants and serves up cuisines from more than 70 countries. Melbourne Food and Wine Festival is the largest of its kind in the world. The festival hosts more than 200 events and attracts around 300,000 people each year.
Signature Chef Series 2023:
Be a part of this culinary experience from March 26 – March 30, 2023
- Bringing together some of the most exciting food talent from around the globe and around Australia to collaborate with Melbourne’s finest restaurants and bars
- It’s an exchange of ideas, a conversation built around flavour, a place to find new directions and to make new friends – and you’ve got a seat at the table
- Featuring: Curtis Stone at Grace, Jun Eun Chae at Supernormal, Lee Tiernan at Harley & Rose, Danny Bowien at Smith + Daughters, Brigitte Hafner at Cutler & Co and more
For more details: https://www.visitmelbourne.com/
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.